Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

This is too rich

Though I again find myself on some sort of writing hiatus, I could not help but comment on this Steyn piece in The Corner on the gulf between the idea of helping others and the reality of helping others:
In a TV infomercial a few days before his election, Obama declared that his “fundamental belief” was that “I am my brother’s keeper”.

Hmm. Back in Kenya, his brother lives in a shack on 12 bucks a year. If Barack is his brother’s keeper, why can’t he shove a sawbuck and a couple singles in an envelope and double the guy’s income? Ah, well: When Barack Obama claims that “I am my brother’s keeper”, what he means is that the government should be his brother’s keeper.

Oh man, it kills! You have to read the whole thing.

Oh, and check out Dinesh D'Souza's 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment